cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

802.1x Wired Authentication

mediaos718
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to configure a Cisco [Cat 2960] switch for 802.1x wired authentication. I am able to assign a specific VLAN if the laptop passes or fails authentication with the use of Cisco ACS. If passed the port is assign to an internal VLAN - If failed the port is assign to Guest VLAN

However, I would like to assign 3rd VLAN (Based on time of the day) to be able to push updates.

Does anyone have any experience with this setup or closely similar?

4 Replies 4

m.kafka
Level 4
Level 4

Depends on your RADIUS Server, you would need to return a different VLAN based on time-of-day.

I am not able to do it through the Radius server. Is there a way to assign that 3rd VLAN at the switch level based on certain criteria. For example: If the laptop is locked or there is no activity or after a certain period of time, then assign the port to this VLAN. I need this VLAN so that I can push update to the PC

Sorry, I am not aware of any time-based or conditional VLAN-assignment which can be configured locally on the switch.

You could write a script e.g. in powershell which puts the accessports in a special VLAN for updating.

That's all I can contribute if you can't control the RADIUS-server.

Rgds, MiKa

m.kafka , do you know how I could push the VLAN from the radius server based on time of the day?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: