cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

% Adddress 10.x.x.x is not in the database.

momarm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I wanted to set static ip for MERAKI AP's, I got this message for one address:

% Address 10.x.x.x is not in the database.

After limited search when i couldn't find the solution, I decided to use the next available IP 10.x.x.y, since it was automatically assigned to a device, I clear that dhcp binding and when I tried to set that as static, I got the same message for it. Also this IP was showing up in the ip dhcp binding, after clearing the binding it does not show, neither does the first one. What is going on?

UPDATE: Forgot to mention the IP's im working on are not excluded from DHCP as mentioned here:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/how-can-i-bind-ip-address-to-the-respective-mac-address-of-a-pc/td-p/2327405

SWITCH i working with:

Switch                Ports Model                     SW Version            SW Image

52         WS-C2960X-48LPS-L          15.2(2)E4       C2960X-UNIVERSALK9-M

2 Replies 2

Hello,

which Meraki AP (e.g. MR42) are you trying to configure ? Are you trying to do this via the dashboard ? Also, the switch functions as DHCP server ? Can you post the config of the switch ?

which Meraki AP (e.g. MR42) are you trying to configure?
AP: MR53
Are you trying to do this via the dashboard ?

Not through dashboard but on the switch that he AP is connected to. I have been binding IP of the AP to its MAC in the switch config.

Also, the switch functions as DHCP server ?
Yes
Can you post the config of the switch ?
Would you require the full config?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card