cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding catalyst 3750x to a stack of plain old 3750s

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

image on exsting stack is ipservices. There is only ip base and universal for the 3750x so which should go on...thx

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If your plain 3750 only has 16 mb flash then the highest you can go is 12.2(55)SE.

Depending on what the model of 3750X, your plain 3750 must be upgraded to 12.2(53)SE2 and later.  The 3750X will need to use Universal IOS with IP Base license level.

smogra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The starting train for 3750X is 12.2(53)SE2. So, if your 3750 is using anything below that, then you need to upgrade the same to match with 3750X boxes and it should use universal with IP base license.

Cheers

Sweta

Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

3750X V2 supports ipservices, ipbase, lan base license levels.

You can check this by using the command " show license feature"

Sample output of show license feature:

Switch#show license feature

Feature name             Enforcement  Evaluation Clear Allowed Enabled

advipservices           yes         yes         yes           yes

ipservices               yes         yes         yes           no

ipbase                   no           no         yes           no

In our case i understand that we have ipservices license in the existing stack.

So to be cost effective, purchase ip services license for 1 no 3750X switch rather than purchasing 2 nos of ipbase license for 3560 switches.

I have attached licensing document for your kind reference.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Somu

Rate helpful answers

I am resolved.  I did not have the IPBASE licence level set on the 3750X switch.  after setting the "license boot level ipbase" and rebooting it came right up.  

Thanks  very helpful posts

I am trying to add a 3750x to an existing 3750 stack.  Upgraded existing stack to c3750-ipbasek9-mz-122(55)SE1.  New 3750X is running c3750e-ipbasek9-mz-122(55)SE1.  3750 is provisioned in the existing stack but still gets MAJOR_VERSION_MISMATCH when it boots up.

I did a show switch stackring speed and the existing shows STACKWISE and the new one shows STACKWISEPLUS.  Documentation says that they new 3750X should down grade to the STACKWISE when it sees it.

any suggestions?

Console into the 3750X and post the output command "sh license".

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card