Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL load balancing issue

gregsmales
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed a 2851 with 4 x ADSL-HWIC's. Using CEF it is balancing the load across the links. All up it is working well, however there is only one issue at this stage.

On a few web sites you can access things fine except then when you click on a particular link on a problematic site the router logs something like this:

%IPS-4-SIGNATURE: Sig:2001 Subsig:0 Sev:2 ICMP Unreachable [web.site.ip.address:0 -> my.dsl.ip.address:0]

As a result you end up with an error in your web browser (after a timeout period) indicating the page cannot be displayed.

When you access the same site on a different internet connection it works normally. So this seems to only be a localised issue to this 2851 configuration.

Can anyone suggest where I can start looking or what I can change to stop this from happening?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

aghaznavi
Level 5
Level 5

You received this message because an IPS signature has been triggered. Verify your ICMP settings in IPS and disable the relvant ICMP type number in your IPS after that try you will not get error message.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card