Views
Helpful
Replies

Advertising default route through EIGRP on MPLS tunnel

sreeraj.murali
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

We are having MPLS tunnel with US Office from Bangalore, India. EIGRP is used for advertising the US office subnets over MPLS.

I am thinking, whether i can have the default route at US LAN Core for US Office Internet traffic, redistributed over EIGRP(on MPLS), so that i can achieve redundancy for Bangalore Internet connectivity through MPLS and then through the US Internet Service provider. Please suggest.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

you can either redistribute a static default into EIGRP, or advertise a 0.0.0.0 summary address. What do you have running, DMVPN ?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

you can either redistribute a static default into EIGRP, or advertise a 0.0.0.0 summary address. What do you have running, DMVPN ?

Thanks for the solution. I am attaching topology, I am not sure, whether this topology is called a DMVPN solution. Please see the attached and confirm, whether this is DMVPN scenario.

Hi

No, it is not, actually the routers working over a DMVPN scheme use only 1 tunnel, the protocol NHRP is basically the soul of it in order to map the NBMA and Tunnel interfaces. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thanks, Could you please share the Cisco documentation/other, which explains DMVPN in detail.

Hi

As George mentioned you can use, if you already have a default route static route it will be preferred than the default route received by EIGRP by the administrative distance. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card