Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,   I've been tasked to implement the qos on Cisco 7Ks for our network.  Looking into this very topic .. there isn't much help available online anywhere.   I came across VOQ and VQI and still struggling to digest this.  I have found one thread ...

Hello, I have a WS-C3650-24PS running rapid-pvst. This has a default priority of 4096. I also have a WS-C2960-24PC-L  running pvst which has a default priority of 32768. Why are there two differnet default spanning-tree priorities ? Does rapid-pvst u...

tedauction by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am testing some qos policies to simulate traffic conditions through switches.Can someone please recommend any known free software that could be installed in laptops for generating such traffic to facilitate tests. Thanks.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I need some advise with a simple (so I hope) QoS setup, I have been tasked to design a QoS policy to prioritise voice and video traffic from a Telepresence unit that is transiting our MPLS network. The Telepresence unit and WAN router is co...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! DR/BDR OSPF

Hello guys, as far as I know all SPF routers talk to each other with 224.0.0.5 in broadcast media, and they use unicast in NBMA, what's the 224.0.0.6, is that for DR and BDR router talk to each other or what, and can someone please explain DROTHER fo...

Hello and happy new year !   2018 start with 2017 unsolved problem ;) I have two device who have the same IP, PC1 and Server 2, i can't change it.So i try to implemente NAT through IE4000.   This is my network: Server 1 has the address 192.168.1.100...

schemaIE400.png
Arthur_ by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   I need some guidance to upgrade a Cisco 6880 VSS pair. Each Cisco 6880 is equipped with dual supervisors. I am looking to upgrade between major versions 15.1 to 15.4 so this doesn't need to be an ISSU upgrade. Can anyone confirm the correct...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I'm trying to setup my Cisco 1900 series Web UI and im come up to the screenshot attached.   Is there a better version of this UI?

NeilTrend by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Strange issue here. I have 2 x 3650 switches both running Version 3.76. Web interface shows fine, but cannot log into switch #1. I've had no issues accessing the panels via web on both switches, saved my passwords locally in Roboform too. Suddenly, m...

BashedRoot by Level 2
  • 42 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   can someone please help me here.My requirement is I wanted to receieve mac address details on syslog server whenever someone connects their device to access switch user ports. Switch model  WS-C4507R+E  IOS:  Version 15.2(2)E4   Appreciate ...

Jith by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I have been trying to convert existing SNMPV2 to SNMPv3 on multiple switches and routers but it is failing.  This is the config I have been using:   snmp-server view ALL-ACCESS iso included snmp-server group myGroup v3 priv read ALL-ACCESSsnmp...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card