Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice on device needed for my network

bongbong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I'm new to cisco devices but i can say i can understand cisco configuration, how it works and other related to cisco except on best devices combination.

I'am setting up our office soon expected from 150 to 200 users on one location both data and voice.

I'am looking an advice what is the best possible devices with good performance to meet this number of users.

What switch to be used, what cisco phones, which router and others devices to be used?

Thank you for your advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

it depends on the bandwidth/throughput requirements of your network, and, of course, on your budget. With the basic information you have provided, the below would be an option:

Catalyst 9400 7-slot switch, which provides 240 ports

ISR 4331 or 4431 router

IP Phone 7800 series

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

it depends on the bandwidth/throughput requirements of your network, and, of course, on your budget. With the basic information you have provided, the below would be an option:

Catalyst 9400 7-slot switch, which provides 240 ports

ISR 4331 or 4431 router

IP Phone 7800 series

Hi @Georg Pauwen  thank you for your reply i appreciate it. How about this option, actually i m looking for a low cost implementation. But i don't know if my option is able to work on that.

Cisco 2851 No. 1
Cisco 3560-24ps No. 3

7970 or 7971 or 7975

thanks

Hello,

that would work as well. You want to look at individual products and end of life/end of sale announcements. A lot of times, the price of the latest product does not differ that much from the price of an older product.

I would sit down and write up a plan that contains the exact requirements for your network, including applications deployed, expected traffic, and also stuff like future growth...

please...thanks

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
What is your budget?

lowest if possible.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card