cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

Private VLAN question

When configuring ports for private VLANs, do those ports already need to be in the VLAN per the command "switchport access vlan x"   example:   I have a primary private vlan 200 and a secondary isolated 201   vlan 200  private-vlan primary    vlan 20...

Cisco 9400 switch with Sata drive

Hi AllI am in process of putting a spec together for a Cisco 9410 switch.One of the parts listed on the ordering page is a Sata M2 memory drive.Can anyone tell me if this is actually required? we are using the switch for campus layer 3 core only.chee...

Resolved! need 2960-x interface template and macro

I am planing for interface template based configuration for 2960-X deployment. I have not got my hands on the hardware yet. I want to check details of the commands in default built in template. May I ask someone with access of 2960-X switches to let ...

9300 selective QinQ

Hello,   I am setting up a POC for a migration. Looking for a good solution I found selective QinQ but it seems this is only supported on the Catalyst 4500 series. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/54sg/configurati...

delenni by Beginner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HSRP question?

I started learining CCNP swtiching 1)If we give same priority value in active and stand by device ,how redundcy will work ?2)How Preempt works in HSRP?Thanks in advance

praveennoc by Beginner
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! HSRP configuration on ME3400

Hello,   I have a switch cisco ME3400: Switch  Ports  Model                         SW Version          SW Image ------  ---    ----------------  ----------          ---------- * 1        26    ME-3400E-24TS-M 12.2(60)EZ11        ME340x-METROBASEK9-M...

Yacine BS by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco IOS use standard interface names

One big issue i always had with Cisco IOS is, that the interface names are named after the max ethernet standard speed they support.   FastEthernet GigabitEthernet TenGigabitEthernetFortyGigabitEthernet This becomes especially annoying if you use a n...

mario.jost by Participant
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! C3850's delay is high

Hello everyone,We have a cisco 3850 which version is 03.07.04.EI have found that the delay is so high when I telnet 10.80.1.241 . And I knock to command being delay.But at the same time other switches' delay is normal except 10.80.1.241 . after a whi...

Resolved! 2960X-24TS-LL

Hi,    Need help with understanding stacking on 2960X-24TS-LL.    Customer wants to stack two 2960X-24TS-LL and I found a document stating that the stacking module is not available.   "The FlexStack-Plus module slot is not available on the Catalyst 2...

Resolved! GNS3 3745 - No Switch Connectivity

Hi All,am using GNS3, and have the 16port switching module. I have created a PC instance and connecting to f/0/0 which is a layer 3 port, I can connect via layer 3 IPs. I then reconfigured and connected the PC instance via a layer 2 port f2/0 which i...

IGMP setup on 3560

My ISP is using a STB that uses multicast to receive TV channels and I have a setup working with pfSense and igmpproxy but I was wondering if I could simplify my setup running the TV stuff on my Cisco switch.  Currently my setup is like this: VLAN X/...

oyvindbj by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes