cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After update IOS on WS-C2960X-24PD-L V03 i got ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL

Sergei1
Level 1
Level 1

After update IOS on WS-C2960X-24PD-L V03 from Version 15.2.6E1(ED) to Version 15.2.4E6(MD) and reload the switch, I got a message

extracting front_end/front_end_ucode_info (43 bytes)

Waiting for Stack Master Election…

And

%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization.  This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms.  If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet.  Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

Error shows both without sfp modules and with them

I tried hard reset (cold start) twice and reboot

this bug https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCur56395 is not my case

I very much ask the help from the cisco community, I would not want to waste time on returning the switch to the supplier

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

for russia, the treatment in TAC ends with the clarification of the supplier, apparently there is no solution to my problem, except as a replacement for the device. At the moment I gave the switch to the seller under warranty.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

have a look at the thread below where this issue and numerous workarounds are being discussed.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/default-ios-shipped-on-switch-ilet-1-authentication-fail/td-p/1848527

Yes, I already read it. I tried iOS on the next versions

15.2(6)E1 ED; 15.2.4E6 MD;15.2.2E4 MD; 15.2.3E1 ED

Dozens of times switching off and on and also rebooting the switch. the periods between shutdowns reached 24 hours but nothing helped, the error messages on all ios are the same

for russia, the treatment in TAC ends with the clarification of the supplier, apparently there is no solution to my problem, except as a replacement for the device. At the moment I gave the switch to the seller under warranty.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card