cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All users on Cisco Switch C9200 get timed out only on google.com

Meddice
Level 1
Level 1

My network has two switches both are 9200's all user on SW2 can access everything with no issues, but any one who is on SW1 gets timed out wile tiring to go to google.com you can go anywhere else including other country's version of google (.cm, .cl etc) and there are times where it will work so for lets say 5 min you can go to it with no issues then suddenly it will time out for a wile. its only google.com  that is having the issue and I'm not sure how to fix this i haven tried restarting the switch due to users needs on the network but i will be trying that as soon as i can.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Meddice
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you everyone for the help I rebooted the switch and I haven't had a time out of google.com. I will be updating the firmware on our next update day. Even though I don't know why this happened (and I wanna know) at least it not happening now.

Again thanks for all the help everyone!

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Hi

Dont make any sense. You need to describe your topology. This switch is connected where?  Do you have firewall? Proxy? Umbrella?

Can you share the show run of the switch?

Trust me I get that it doesn't make any sense. ill post the show run in a text file We are a spanning tree topology with two switches running together. With switch on as the active one. we have a firewall but traffic isn't being blocked anywhere its only timing out when the connection is going through SW1.

Who is 192.168.107.60 ? It is the firewall?

yes

You have 4 vlans (5,6,7 and on switch-1. Which one is not working? Also, what device does the NATing?

HTH

its our users on vlan 8 and the WAP on Vlan 11. we have a cisco ASDM that dose the NATing.

I just checked any devices that are on different vlan's but SW1 that can browse to google.com and they time out as well. Same as any workstation.

If you move one machine from one switch to the other,  same happen?

I mean,  this cant  be the PC itself?

I've tried moving a user PC to SW2 and they haven't timed out sense then. I've done DNS flush, renews updated browsers nothing seems to fix it wile on SW1

its our users on vlan 8 and the WAP on Vlan 11

other vlan works ?

Can you post 

show switch

show EtherChannel 1 summary 

show standby brief

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Lets start with the most basic question:  What firmware are the switches running on?

as per show run - cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.12.01.SPA.bin

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

@balaji.bandi wrote:

as per show run - cat9k_lite_iosxe.16.12.01.SPA.bin

FML!  16.12.1????

I am going to start the troubleshooting by saying this:  Upgrade the firmware to 17.3.5 16.12.7 first.

NOTE:  If this was a 9300, I'd say "upgrade to 17.3.5" but this is a 9200 so 16.12.7 would be appropriate.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card