cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

allocating bandwidth in home network

jvjonster
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2-2811, a pix 515e with license, and a qos non managed switch along with access point on my network. I want to learn how to allocated bandwith between pcs. Something like all ports have full resources until 1 person starts to download, if no one else is using lots of data then give them 1mbps and allow 300kb for everyone else. or if 2 people are downloading then have the load split with 500kbps and leave the rest of the 300 to other devices on a network. not sure if this can be done.

if it that doesnt work, a way to split the bandwidth between 2-3 pcs would be nice. if anyone could give me some insight on how to do it, or where to start that would be helpfull.

1 Reply 1

cophilip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello jvjonster,

If the PC's are attached to the qos non managed switch there isn't a way to allocated the bandwidth on the PC's for a non managed switched. If you want to buy a managed switch Cisco small business line starting with the sf200 series up can allocate the bandwidth on the port and the committed burst rates for ingress and Egress. The link below is to where you can get more information on the switches we sell.

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/solutions/small_business/products/routers_switches/index.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card