Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Monitoring Tool

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

anyone can help me which SolarWinds Modules i should order to fullfill my reqirements, please

Followings are the feature i need:

1- Real-Time Traffic Analysis (who is eating up the bandwidth of my company)

2- Netflow monitoring capability

3- Devices Configuration Change Management and logging

On Solarwinds website there are 4 different solarwinds modules for different purposes as bellow-

(Solarwinds Network Bandwith Analyzer, Network Performance Monitor, Netflow Traffic Analyzer, and Network Configuration Manager)

i dont know which one i should order. Please help me choose the right one

thanks

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Imran,

Based on your requirement you need all 4 modules. Also, before purchasing, make sure to talk to their sales guys to provide you all the info you need.  Their tech support is pretty good as well but that is for after you purchase the product.

HTH

Hi Reza,

But purchasing all 4 modules makes much cost higher

i think it must have one module which can give more features

i tried emailing solarwinds pre-sales but they dont even reply emails

Imran,

Each module provides different functionality.

for example: the NPM module does not provide Netflow features and Netflow traffic analyzer does not provide configuration management functionality. If you only need to monitor your network using SNMP to know when your devices are up or down then you only want NPM, but if you also need to be able to back up your config from all your devices then you also need the configuration manager. It all depend on your network, your requirement and how much money can the company invest in these tools.  I recommend you download a 30 day evaluation version and see how you like it before purchasing.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card