cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone know resolution to getting X2 adapters to work in built in X2 ports in Catalyst 4900M switch

dlogan333
Level 1
Level 1

I have Catalyst 4900M switches I want to trunk across DWDM metro-net but can not get my switches to recognize the CVR-X2-SPF10G, OneX, X2 adapters that all documentations say are supported on this platform.  I am Running 12.2(54)SG iOS, which also says that these modules and adapters are supported.  I get same thing on multiple new switches with multiple new X2 adapters.  The hw-module or show interface transceiver commands will not run the module 1, the built in 8 - X2 ports.  Nowhere can I find, on Cisco.com or other sites, anything about these modules not being supported in the built in ports. In fact everything I find promotes the use of any and all X2 transceivers working in these X2 ports.

THX for any advise TAC has been slow to respond to my request for help and info.

1 Reply 1

dlogan333
Level 1
Level 1

Resolution Determined:

These are 3rd party X2 transceivers and needed to issue the  service unsupported-transceiver command to get them to operate and show up in inventory and hardware.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card