cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone running multicast across OTV?

david.monaghan
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone out there have multicast data across OTV extensions ?  We run OTV between two pairs of Nexus 7000 in different datacenters with mcast underlying encapsulation. We stretch 10 or so vlans between the sites. We have encountered multiple bugs over the last two years and had to upgrade code and have rarely been clear for any period of time.

We've had an ongoing Tac case where IGMP requests are not getting across the OTV VLAN extension to the PIM forwarder on another site. You can see OTV IGMP snooping on the AED VDC is picking up the request on the local site but it does not get to the remote site that is the PIM forwarder so no multicast gets onto the VLAN. For a while we had a hack where we would get a local server to the PIM forwarder router to request the same groups and then this would somehow get across to the other site. Since clearing the overlay interfaces to try and fix the original problem the hack no longer works and I can't get multicast to the receiver at all.

Anyone have any other ideas ?

1 Reply 1

david.monaghan
Level 1
Level 1

Tac have filed this as a bug and suggested I tried removing and restarting IGMP snooping on all the VDCs and on the main Nexus. I tried last night but it has not helped unfortunately. I'm out of ideas bar the big red button at the moment. Perhaps a reload will give it enough of a bump otherwise we'll need to consider removing OTV or creating isolated vlans just present at the problem site.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card