Helpful
Replies

Application host

johnraid08002
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

pretty new to Cisco:

1. Is there a way to build host application to sniff all network traffic on the switch and send to specific ip?

2. Is there a way to build a dynamic port mirroring using Ip's? for e.g, port mirroring to a specific computer without know his port (only mac, ip address), and be able to change the mirror IP/mac dynamically from Pc from remote).

3. is there a way on the switch to access the managed mac table? (that the switch building on the subnet)

Thanks in advance,

John Raid

2 Replies 2

Marlon AJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @johnraid08002 ,

Try with SPAN:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/10570-41.html

To check the mac address table use the command: SW#Show mac address-table. If you want to know which device is connected to each port try this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/how-to-find-which-device-is-connected-to-the-switch-port-using/td-p/4043261

Regards.

Thanks for the reply.

Just clarify a bit ,my goal is to be able to do as describe:

There is a subnet running with Cisco switch - I want dynamically from a computer in the Subnet, to run a software that will reach the switch and set that all network traffic that received on the switch will be mirror to my computer.,Is it possible?

Another solution that I would be happy to know if possible:

Can I also do capture filter directly on the switch processor - 

What I mean is that I want to mirror only specific traffic - for e.g I want to read the packet, and decide dynamiclly if I want to forward it to the port mirror computer or not, Is that possible? (my assumption is that if ill run a script on the switch and will read the packets, and only specific packet that are relevant ill look on the arp table, and decide who to forward this)

Any info would help,

Thanks a lot for your help,

John Raid.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card