cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Application Visibility 16.6.x Everest Missing?

andyrogers2015
Level 1
Level 1

We have got a couple of C3650/3850 Switches where I work, and just testing the latest Everest Firmware 16.6.2 and notice especially in the WebUI a few features are missing relating to wireless which I understand is because they have removed the support for this since 16.5.x +.

However I notice still available as an option is the Application Visibility & Control options.

And looking at the release notes for this firmware for the C3650/3850 it is still clearly being referred to in the Guides for this release.

I have tried to re-enable this on my test switch with the "ip nbar protocol-discovery" command on the interface level but this command just does not exist.

But the command "ip nbar http-services" is still present and can be applied but is not really any use at the moment.

My main query is has the Application Visibility & Control feature been removed from Everest build along with the Wireless Functions, or is just currently broken.

If they have removed this also, why are there still referring and seems to be partly accessible via the WebUI and also some commands relating to nbar still available.

I have tried to do searching on this topic but have not come across anything specific regarding this one topic.

Thanks in advance

Andy

1 Reply 1

FrozenPea
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find an answer to this question? Even the 16.9.x documentation today states that..

ip nbar protocol-discovery

..is a valid command, but it isn't. It's confusing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card