cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ARP and Queue list in mikrotik

quashem123
Level 1
Level 1

In my network, I have two switch- one is 2960 and another is 3650! 2690 48TS-LL for access from different floor and 3650 24TS-L for the core network. I have several vlan's configured in core switch and configure port's as trunk for the access switch 2960 from different floor. inter vlan networking also done in core switch.

One access port is connected to mikrotik 1036-12G-4S for internet access. the configuration is working fine but I didn't get arp in mikrotik for whole network and also doesn't get any arp from cisco wifi devices too!

I have searched in google but didn't get any help as I'm not sure where i have done wrong configuration... would you please suggest me what can i have to check to get arp list from my vlan?

Thanks in advance..

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Arp learning should be automatic you shouldn't have to configure it between devices , its sounds as if the Cisco and the Mikrotik versions of software don't like speaking to each other at some level , if you set a static arp does it work rather than dynamic as a test ? does the 3650 see the arps for Cisco devices yes just not the Mikrotik

Thanks for your reply! Yes when I did show arp command in cisco 3650, it shows updated arp list of all client PC's or vlan member's. but I did not get them in my mikrotik router. even i can't manage bandwidth using queue list... doesn't work!

I don't know these mikrotik routers do they generally work ok with Cisco , sounds as if there not communicating , if you set a static arp in the mikrotik does it work ok ?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card