Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Failover

zekebashi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am planning on configuring a pair of ASAs with FO(Failover) and wanted to find out if the pair will appear as one device.  Meaning will I be able to manage the two devices by SSH'ng into each one of them or I will only be able to SSH into the primary? 

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you configure a pair of ASA for failover each ASA has a separate address. One address is configured for the active member and another address is configured for the standby member. (when a failover event occurs the standby ASA becomes active and assumes the active address) This should allow you to SSH to each of the ASA pair.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you configure a pair of ASA for failover each ASA has a separate address. One address is configured for the active member and another address is configured for the standby member. (when a failover event occurs the standby ASA becomes active and assumes the active address) This should allow you to SSH to each of the ASA pair.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks! 

You are welcome. I am glad that you found my explanation to be helpful. Thank you for marking this question as answered.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card