cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 locks up and Reboots automatically continualy

peterlabelle
Level 1
Level 1

Some days it is worse then others today every 10-15 min we loose our internet.

What happens is the active light goes out. then the status light flashes amber, then i looks like it is rebooting the status light goes green the active light goes green for a second. then the status light flashes amber and we start again. the only way to break the cycle is to unplug and replug in the device. also in the ASDM 6.2 for asa  I get a message across all my windows stayting "Lost connection to Firewall."  after that i cannot re connect with the ASDM intill I power cycle the device. any ideas?

Peter Labelle

1 Reply 1

letsgomets
Level 1
Level 1

Can you console to the box when it is doing this and capture the console messages? It will lead you

to a solution or at least the cause of the problem.

LEDs on the front of the firewall is not telling much. Your ASDM is losing connection to the firewall because you rebooted it.

Not enough information in this question to help. Do a show log, see if you have any historical information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco