Views
Helpful
Replies

AutoInstall: Force switch reaload during AutoInstall process

smolit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I try to build my own ZTP workflow which needs to get a SNMP trap from a new switch after the switch got it's initial config via AutoInstall process.

I simply added the trap receiver to the network-confg and also added a "reload" a the end of the config.

With a WS-C2960C-8PC-L this works fine. Here is the part of my network-confg:

do write
!
do reload

!
end

So far so good.

But a test with a WS-C2960L-16TS-LL my workflow fails because this switchtype ignores the blank line after "do relaod" and stops with the "Proceed with reload? [confirm]" prompt.

Does anyone have any idea however I can get the switch to reload?

Why is there a different behaviour between this two switchtypes? Because of the SmartInstall function of the C2960L?

Thanks!
Sebastian

1 Reply 1

smolit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I could solve the problem by myself.

It seems that I have found a bug in the IOS version I used on the switch: c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E.bin

After an update to c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-7.E0a.bin the switch executes the "do reload" again.

This seems to be the answer for my question but it is not really satisfying to me, because I need as reliable behaviour of the switches.

Anywhere I will keep on working on my ZTP process engine.

Greets

Sebastian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card