Views
Helpful
Replies

back Bone Switch

rahman001
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir/Ma,

I have configured a Cisco catalyst chassis (VS-C6509E-SUP2T) on Cisco Commerce Workspace(CCW).

I want to include a 48 Port PoE 10/100/1000 linecard but i could not get this from the included Ethernet module option.

Can I order a spare 48 Port PoE 10/100/100 linecard and what is the part number of the compatible linecard that can go with the catalyst chassis (VS-C6509E-SUP2T)

br

samson

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Cisco just recently went end-of-sale for 6500 PoE line cards.  (In Cisco's scheme, 6500 PoE would be supported by the new 6800ia switches.)

Also if you did find some 6500 PoE line cards, unsure they would be supported on a sup2t; they might be in non-VSS mode, but for how long?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I want to include a 48 Port PoE 10/100/1000 linecard but i could not get this from the included Ethernet module option.

You won't be able to buy this for long as all PoE line cards for the 6500 has been canned in favour of the 6880ia.

Be aware, the 6880ia is a DUMB switch that requires a parent switch.  I believe the parent switch, for the time being on the 6500E, requires a 6904-10Gb line card.

You can also use the 6880X/6807X as the parent switch for a 6880ia.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card