cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic HSRP Question

gregwoodson
Level 1
Level 1

I've configured HSRP on many occassions, but cannot seem to find the answer to this.  Can you configure HSRP on 4 routers instead of just 2?  Obviously being able to set the priority suggests that is possible- but I just wanted to make sure.  Are there any problems with this?

Thanks

Greg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

gregwoodson wrote:

I've configured HSRP on many occassions, but cannot seem to find the answer to this.  Can you configure HSRP on 4 routers instead of just 2?  Obviously being able to set the priority suggests that is possible- but I just wanted to make sure.  Are there any problems with this?

Thanks

Greg

Greg

Yes there is no problem with configuring HSRP across 4 routers, as long as they all L2 adjacency to each other it will work.

Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

gregwoodson wrote:

Thanks

Greg

Greg

Yes there is no problem with configuring HSRP across 4 routers, as long as they all L2 adjacency to each other it will work.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card