Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best Practice for Routing DATA and VOICE on an ASA

Hello,

I have been working on trying to pre-stage a relatively small but somewhat complex network consisting of VOIP and Data for a small remote office of about 30 end users on my current test network.  It is my first time working with voice and I have been configuring a 2921 ISR internal router and a 2960S-48 port central switch.  The VOIP phones are serviced by a cloud provider.  Currently I was able to get the phones and workstations up and running using a "router on the stick" architecture with separate VLANS for data and voice

These devices will however end up sitting behind a ASA device (pre-configured by the central office).  The managers would like to route the DATA traffic back to the central office across a VPN and route the VOICE to the cloud provider.

So I was just wondering what the community thought was the best practice for routing this traffic on a ASA device?

Thanks 

Joe

1 Reply 1

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

Joe,

just dont include the VoIP subnet in VPN access-list and it will go towards Internet following the default route to ISP.

if you have got any spare public IP's, use one of the spare IP's to PAT the VoIP traffic for the sake of simplicity.

HTH

Hitesh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card