I currently have 2 stacked 3560s and I want to upgrade them to 2 stacked 9300s. What are the best practice recommendations? If there are any articles I can read please point me to them. I am a newbie to the cisco world so any help will be great.
Hi @PAEP Tech Guy ,
Check this link:
It has some information that could be useful to you.
we have done some few migration : last 2months back(from 3750 to 9300 - same will work 3650)
1. Install new 9300 Switches with latest Firmware stable as per your production requirement
2. configure the switches with stacking config, switch numbering and switch priority
3, Copy the old 3560 config ( and tweak the config as per the 9300 XE, check any QoS config to move to new IOS XE)
4. Paste the configuration in to new 9300 Switches.
5. If the old stack connected to Core and distributed switches ( and have some enough port on core)
6. connect the new 9300 to core/Distributed switch and test with Laptop and VoIp phone all working as expected.
7. in the maintanenace window ( move the patch leads from 3560 to 9300 and test couple of them
All working as expected. required any changes do change the config to resolve any issue reported write the config on 9300.
Leave the 3560 for safer side in same place until you see all stable.once all working, remove and decom the switches.