cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bloggered log-throttle

mauclair
Level 1
Level 1

On a Nexus 9k OS version 9.3(7a), what does bloggerd log-throttle accomplish?

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/command_references/configuration_commands/b_N9K_Config_Commands_703i6x/b_N9K_Config_Commands_703i6x_chapter_010.html#wp8239809270

Seems to be related to the handling of spurious logging

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for the link, here is what I am having as an issue.

I keep seeing the following messages in the log.

2021 Nov 16 09:59:34.306 AISS-EXT-L2-BCC-RF-2868-2A %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: snmpd Buf_uuid: 26 Buf_instance: 5 sap: MTS_SAP_SNMP_AGENT_CLI_REQ_RESP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2021 Nov 16 10:01:52.997 AISS-EXT-L2-BCC-RF-2868-2A %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: eth_dstats Buf_uuid: 0 Buf_instance: 0 sap: MTS_SAP_ETH_DSTATS. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config
2021 Nov 16 10:03:20.045 AISS-EXT-L2-BCC-RF-2868-2A %BLOGGERD-4-BLOGGERD_LOG_DUMP_THROTTLED: VDC 1 Comp: dhcp_snoop Buf_uuid: 442 Buf_instance: 6 sap: MTS_SAP_DHCP_SNOOP. Re-enable 'bloggerd log-dump' config for the mod/vdc/sap and reduce log-throttle frequency using 'bloggerd log-throttle' config

When I do a show system internal bloggerd info log-dump-info

I can see that the following:

Log Dump config is READY

Log Dump is ENABLED for ALL application services in the switch

Exceptions to the above rule (if any) are as follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Module     | VDC        | SAP                       | Enabled?

Log Dump Throttle Switch-Wide Config:

-------------------------------------

Log Dump Throttle                                      : ENABLED

Minimum buffer rollover count (before throttling)      : 5

Maximum allowed rollover count per minute              : 1

Any idea why I would be getting the re-enable message?

- Not sure , you may want to look at the current advisory release and or check if upgrading can help :

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286305935/type/282088129/release/9.3(8)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Looking at the advisories and I haven't found anything that could suggest a Bug so I decided to open a TAC case for further analysis.

Thanks for the link to the advisories.

Hi Mauclair,

What cisco said about this? please share

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card