Views
Helpful
Replies

building up the 4507 switch

ayosizzle
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I would appreciate help on how to build up the components of the 4507 switch. Yes I know about the cisco configuration tool but i am not too sure about each component eg to go with the 2800W power or 1400W, does the IOS come preinstalled or does it have to be bought?

Any help, probably a link or something would be appreciated.

Regards,

Dj.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Go through the configuration tool one more time and look for the bundle.  Normally a bundle will have a single PS, a supervisor card and the chassis.

Be mindful that if you are going to run PoE/PoE+/uPoE, you need to re-size your power supplies adequately.

thx leo. for the switch to be PoE compatible would the 14ooW power supply be adequate or would the 2800W be a better choice. Also does the IoS come at an added cost or is it part of the bundle. Any addition information on the know how for the configuration would be appreciated.

Thx.

The easiest way to check what would be the ideal size of your PS is to go through the Cisco Power Calculator.

Of course an operational IOS version would come with the chassis (or else it'll be a piece of garden feature), however, I'd recommend you choose beforehand what IOS version you would like to run and load it into the chassis once it arrives.

In the Cisco Configuration Tool you must also specify what IOS Feature Set license you'll need.

Will this switch be doing routing or will it just be doing Layer 2?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card