cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bunch OF problems.

smavashev
Level 1
Level 1

Problem 1) My 2800 Router stopped booting, all I see is a blank screen and no configuration boot. I tried turning off the router, taking out the flash butting it back in securing it, but it just doesn't want to boot, what is my problem ??????

2) Trying to configure my ASA 5505 to receive a DHCP address from ISP, and I get it. I'm able to ping the DHCP address given and the ISP default gateway, but I can't ping out 4.2.2.2 which is the weirdest thing ! what is my problem ??? The ASA is connected to a Layer 3 switch with 10.1.1.0/30 subnet. The internal Subnet with all the VLANs is 192.168.20.0. I'm using simple RIP to back up my static route on the 10.1.1.0 subnet. However I still can't ping 4.2.2.2 either from the ASA or my 3550 switch. What is my problem ?

3) I gonna have to configure DHCP and NAT to route to the internet, what are the shortest commands to configure both DHCP and NAT ????

I thank you in advance for your time and effort.

1 Reply 1

Jim Wuertz
Level 1
Level 1

For problem number 1 it sounds like the memory in the 2800 is bad and will need to be replaced.

For problem number 2 there is not enough information to answer your question.  Where are you pinging from?  What is the route for 4.2.2.2 on the switch and the ASA?

For problem number 3 what device are you configuring, etc.?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card