Views
Helpful
Replies

c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin is very bugy

lequi1963
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We been told by our support provider that the IOS "c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-58.SE2.bin" on our CiscoC2960s is extremely bugy and had been removed off the Cisco site.

just want to know what are the issues with this IOS.

Thanks

Leq

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

12.2(58)SE train only has two releases -- It is filled with memory leaks that can sink a barge in the desert.  

I always tell people to stop using this train.  Some people heed the warning and other people continue using it but complains about performance issue(s).  

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

12.2(58)SE train only has two releases -- It is filled with memory leaks that can sink a barge in the desert.  

I always tell people to stop using this train.  Some people heed the warning and other people continue using it but complains about performance issue(s).  

Thank you Leo.

Did not realize until now.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BTW, besides the merits (or not) of any IOS release, something like "SE2" is an early release in the IOS train, i.e. often more likely to be buggy than higher release numbers (whose purpose, often, is to fix bugs).

Oh, forgot to mention, when you look at IOS releases, there's often a code attached to each release.  Something like your SE2 is probably tagged "ED", for Early Deployment, but for stability, you look for tags like "MD" or a special tag denoting recommended by Cisco for its stability.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card