cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3650CX - %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL

Wes Tischmacher
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3650-CX that was just updated to v15.2(7)E4 from v15.2(7)E2. Post reboot, I'm receiving the following log message every 5 minutes:

• %ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's authorization. This product may contain software that was copied in violation of Cisco's license terms. If your use of this product is the cause of a support issue, Cisco may deny operation of the product, support under your warranty or under a Cisco technical support program such as Smartnet. Please contact Cisco's Technical Assistance Center for more information.

The device has been in production for at least the last 2 years with no issues. I've verified the MD5 hash of the IOS.bin and serial number of the device against Cisco's website. It appears to be allowing trunk ports since I can remote to it and the down-stream switch however, any endpoint I plug in to an access port immediately error disables.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you. A write erase and reboot restored functionality. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-0_2_ez/system/messages/smg3750-X/msg_desc.html#wp1133140

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a known issue with the 2960X/XR, 3650/3850, Catalyst 9k. 
Do not waste any more time, contact TAC and organize for an RMA.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card