Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have tried to follow the "Recovering Catalyst Fixed Configuration Switches from a Corrupted or Missing Image" tutorial shown belowhttps://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41845-192.html however it still does...

We have our switches and routers configured with aaa login via a RADIUS server on NPS. When we login to the devices using ssh and telnet, we can login using radius credentials and everything works. The user is automatically taken into enable mode.   ...

ronit by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,i just nned to know is is there any way to prevent network from MACflap.The best way will be when switch will disable the interface where the macflap was detected.I need to set this security feature on 2960s.Thanx a lotBRDave

Hi,I'm have a SPAN session on a 6509E which has a number of VLAN's SPAN'd to two 10Gbps interfaces. This is working fine, but I would also like to include the 802.1Q VLAN tags on the captured packets so I can tell which VLAN each packet originated on...

BlueyVIII by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3650-CX that was just updated to v15.2(7)E4 from v15.2(7)E2. Post reboot, I'm receiving the following log message every 5 minutes:%ILET-1-AUTHENTICATION_FAIL: This Switch may not have been manufactured by Cisco or with Cisco's...

Hi,I want to upgrade IOS firmware upgrade of the following  cisco switches WS-C3650-24PD& WS-C3650-48PD currently version 15.2 is available, can anyone provide me link to download latest IOS firmware upgrade link to download and upgrade these switche...

mmwa by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there such thing as VTY line groups? like, 0 4  or 5 15?  yes there are but are they really groups? Can you put different configurations in them?But that would me that a user has to log in to a particular group. How is that done?Or do users automa...

launchnow by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Fellow Network Engineers! This is probably an easy question, but I have not worked with Nexus switches all that much, so a little unfamiliar with some of the configuration.  I am trying the run the " fips mode enable" command in global configur...

jmh0211 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello folks, I am looking to purchase the following switch as Layer 3 C9300X-24Y-A and following switch as Layer 2 C9200L-48P-4X-E. The current old switches 3850 & 3650 that are being replaced have the following SFP for the most part "SFP-10GBase-SR"...

caleb1 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm implementing a controller for Openflow switches.   We install some default flows upon switch connection - such as  "Table 0 GOTO Table 1",  "Table 1 GOTO Table 2",  and so on.   We also install a few flows like "Send ARP packets to the controller...

joecoates by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes