cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750 stack. Adding a sw with different feature set?

joerggrau
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 5 switch 3750 stack running an enhanced IP services software release.  (C3750-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(46)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2). 

I recently was able to free up another switch from a different project running (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) and would like to add it to the existing switch stack.

Is this possible?  And if so, do I need to purchase a license for the advanced Ip services for that switch?

Thanks

Joerg

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to add the new 3750 to your existing stack.  Before you do that, make sure you load the same exact IOS as you existing stack (Version 12.2(46)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

You also need to install the license for the feature set you need.  It is a good idea to make sure all the switches in the stack running the same feature set.

Here is a link for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_35_se2/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1177470

HTH

Reza

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card