cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750X multiple uplink modules in a stack.

johnsmunoz
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use multiple uplink modules in a C3750X Stack.  I currently have a C3KX-NM-10G in Switch 1.  I need to add some additional 10G ports.  

Am I able to just insert another C3KX-NM-10G into switch 2, 3, 4 etc?

Can only one uplink module be used per stack?

Do the uplink modules have to be in certain stack members?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Reza's reply, probably answered your questions, but just to further confirm . . .

"Am I able to just insert another C3KX-NM-10G into switch 2, 3, 4 etc?"

Yes.

"Can only one uplink module be used per stack?"

No (you can use all).

"Do the uplink modules have to be in certain stack members?"

No, although, I recall (?), Cisco recommends uplinks not be active on stack master. (NB: I never had an issue with using uplink ports on the stack master.)

BTW, the other module ports can be used for any purpose. The don't need to be used for "uplinks" nor do they need to part of an Etherchannel.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you can insert uplink module to all of them and use them all for uplink.  Simply put multiple physical links (one or 2 from each switch) in a Portchannel.

HTH

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Reza's reply, probably answered your questions, but just to further confirm . . .

"Am I able to just insert another C3KX-NM-10G into switch 2, 3, 4 etc?"

Yes.

"Can only one uplink module be used per stack?"

No (you can use all).

"Do the uplink modules have to be in certain stack members?"

No, although, I recall (?), Cisco recommends uplinks not be active on stack master. (NB: I never had an issue with using uplink ports on the stack master.)

BTW, the other module ports can be used for any purpose. The don't need to be used for "uplinks" nor do they need to part of an Etherchannel.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card