cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3850 -RJ45 Connection through Ethernet SFP connector to Switch port

mohan4
Level 1
Level 1

In C3850 Switch . Connecting a LAN cable through the SFP port in Switch , it works When i Remove the LAN cable and Put back the Connection Whereas When i remove the Whole SFP connector and put back again it doesnt works . i have to enable the port manually everytime . Whats the Problem . LAN connection Connect Communication module of my PLC ( Programmable logic controller). please advice 

1 Reply 1

You must have an installed network module to use SFP and SFP+ modules (except for the Catalyst WS-C3850-12S and WS-C3850-24S). The downlink ports on the Catalyst WS-C3850-12S and WS-C3850-24S switch models support standard SFP modules, and the downlink ports on the Catalyst WS-C3850-12XS and WS-C3850-24XS switch models support standard SFP+ modules.

See the switch release notes on Cisco.com for the list of supported SFP and SFP+ modules. Use only supported SFP modules on the switch. For the latest information about supported SFP and SFP+ modules, refer to the Cisco Transceiver Modules Compatibility Information at http:/​/​www.cisco.com/​en/​US/​products/​hw/​modules/​ps5455/​products_​device_​support_​tables_​list.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card