Views
Helpful
Replies

C3850 Upgrade Denali 16.3.3 to Gibraltar-16.12.9 - Bundle mode

wdz45
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading a C3850-48P switch to the recommended version. I have been reviewing the release notes for the new version but can not find the "Upgrading from Denali in Bundle mode" section in the document. Does it mean I need to change the mode to "Install" before upgrading the switch or should I just clear the current boot variable and change it to the new version file, save it, and reload the switch? 

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Hi

If you look at the "Software Configuration Guide, Cisco IOS XE Denali 16.1.x (Catalyst 3850 Switches)"

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/16-1/configuration_guide/b_161_consolidated_3850_cg/b_161_consolidated_3650_cg_chapter_01100110.html

See the section  "Upgrading Cisco IOS XE Software: Bundle Mode"

There's no bundle mode for Gibraltar ?

Booting the BIN firmware is Bundle Mode.

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your response. Do you mean that I can go straight from Denali 16.3.3 to Gibraltar-16.12.9 just by following the section  "Upgrading Cisco IOS XE Software: Bundle Mode" in the mentioned document? 

Thanks,

@wdz45 wrote:

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for your response. Do you mean that I can go straight from Denali 16.3.3 to Gibraltar-16.12.9 just by following the section  "Upgrading Cisco IOS XE Software: Bundle Mode" in the mentioned document? 

Yes.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card