Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C4500X Crash without crashinfo!

HI everyone,

We have occur a issue with C4500X crash, I have got some info as blow,Could you please me to analytics it? I doult it would be a bug,but i cannot find out some bug match.

--------------------------

Version 03.06.03.E

System returned to ROM by reload

Last reload reason: reload

Last reset from Reload

Directory of crashinfo:/

55888 -rw- 0 Apr 8 2019 20:11:03 +08:00 cilogs

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do you have syslog enabled?
Is this in a VSS?

Hi Leo,
Thanks for your response!
I have check the logs of log server ,there is no any log info of crash,it's not in VSS.

have you rebooted it since then as it shows a manual reload in show version ?

Reload

If the show version command output shows restarted by reload or system returned to ROM by reload, you can infer that a user rebooted the router manually with the reload command. This is not a system crash.

HI Mark
I did not reload it by "reload" command,I also know it that show version output shows by "reload" which represent reload by "reload" command,actually, i did not do anything in that time.
You also can see there is a file named "cilogs" in crashinfo directory,but it's size as zero,and i don't know what's meaning about it.

that happened me before in a 4507 basically TAC couldn't identify exactly what the issue was at first and we put it down to maybe a software exception that reloaded the supervisor but we upgraded the image to a newer code , the issue followed the sup reloaded again, no crash file seen same thing 0 , think they called it a hang state where it couldn't send the crash file , either way supervisor was toast had to be replaced

i would follow same path , take show tech log it with TAC or run it through the cli analyzer , upgrade the software my 45x run cat4500e-universalk9.SPA.03.08.07.E.152-4.E7.bin" and its been stable , if it doenst happen again its most likely software issue and was fixed by upgrade if it happens again with new software may need a replacement but TAC can confirm that

I agree with you,we have replace this device because afraid it happen again,we cannot test it by upgrade software in this time.Except this method is really no clue
Thanks for your help.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: