Views
Helpful
Replies

C6807 slowness

ajamal001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 2 C6807XL switches works as a VSS , recently i installed 10G-32Port module on both switches , but i noticed the switch become slow ( when i telnet it take few seconds to accept command) .

i tried to find out if there is any error on 10G interfaces but i found nothing .. 

i am not sure if the problem from the new 10G module or the switch is overloaded because i am running DMVPN, OSPF, and EIGRP , and the uplinks to the ISPs is 1G , and the downlinks to DC FWs is 4x10G ( from new module , 2 Portchannels )

any help will be appreciated

20 Replies 20

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

i am not sure if the problem from the new 10G module or the switch is overloaded because i am running DMVPN, OSPF, and EIGRP , and the uplinks to the ISPs is 1G , and the downlinks to DC FWs is 4x10G ( from new module , 2 Portchannels )

No, I don't think the switch is overloaded with that many connections. You may have hit a bug by inserting 10G-32Port module into the chassis that is causing high CPU. Take a look at the processes by using the command "sh process cpu sort | exe 0.00" and see what object is taking up too much processor.

HTH

Thank you for your replay,

look like processor utilization is normal 53% - 60%

Why OIR process utilize your SW? Do you use it recently?

NO i didn't use , i am not sure if it is running by default 

Check doc. I attach below

@ajamal001 wrote:

look like processor utilization is normal 53% - 60%

No, it is not.  Look at the output again.  The highest process using the CPU is <5% but the aggregate value 57%?  No, that is wrong in so many levels. 

What is the uptime?

i restart the switches 2 days before ..

is that high CPU utilization related to the installation of the new modules ? 

@ajamal001 wrote:

is that high CPU utilization related to the installation of the new modules ? 

Not sure.  I suspect that it is a CPU hog/memory leak.  If the pair have been rebooted recently, I am going to recommend upgrading the firmware to, say, 15.2(1)SY8.

ajamal001
Level 1
Level 1

do this
diagnostic bootup level complete

show diagnostic mode all

Hi

Did you notice any complain from network users or did you notice any slowness on the network that depends on this VSS? 

ping, traceroute, file transder,etc?

Slow response on commands can be a TACACS problem, if you are using it. Not necessarilly you have a problem on the switch itself.

Aside, mamangement traffic like telnet ssh is not treated in the same way as data traffic.

Hi,

yes , if i ping any ip on C6800 it is very bad , 5~10 1ms replies  then timed out .. 

but if i ping any other destination ( Traffic pass through core switch) it is ok.

also, if i ping any destination connected on VLAN1020 ( i am using this VLAN as a source for DMVPN tunnel ) while other tunnels on the other VLANs working fine ..

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card