cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C6880-VSS VLANs will not come up

CliveG
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 x C6880-X switches in a VSS. Recently the primary switch in the VSS hardware failed and yesterday I took a spare lab C6880-X we had to replace the faulty one. 

I have configured the new switch to be the primary and the VSS is all up and running. All physical interfaces are up and running and we are receiving the transit routing tables from upstream ISPs.

But something is not right. The config is identical to what was previously working but yet the VLAN interfaces are just refusing to come "UP UP" and remain in a "DOWN DOWN" state and this is causing us multiple issues.

Even though both switches are running the same IOS version, is there any issues within VLANs for the following IOS please:

c6880x Software (c6880x-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.1(2)SY5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc7)

Or, can somebody please help me urgently to try and see why these VLANs will not come up.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the VLAN database populated?

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you post the output of "sh redundancy" and "show switch virtual detail"?

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the VLAN database populated?

That is exactly what the problm was. There is something inherently different about this switch as the port-channels numbering would only go to 256 (other switch went above that with the same IOS and licensing) and the VTP was really odd.

So, what should have happened was it should have joined the VTP domain but for some reason it did not. I manually entered the VLANs into the DB and everything worked.

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card