Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9300-48S & C9500-40X - L3 Routing Capabilities with 3-YR Essential License

Does the Cisco Catalyst 9300 & 9500 series have full Layer 3 Routing Capabilities?

Reasons why I question are below:

Do these terms mean full routing? "routed access" "Layer 3 forwarding" These terms are used in the data sheet and license details.

Data sheet link where Layer 3 Forwarding is stated

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

See images (below) attached where the license of a 3, 5, 7 year terms does not show routing details or state "routed access".

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but it is a large investment to be wrong.

9000 Series Licensing Differences.PNG9300 Essential Features.jpg

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The way I read the documentation your link references, and the chart in your OP, the Advantage package provides perpetual licensing to the full routing package.

Alright, that is what I was wanting to confirm. Thanks.

Perpetual Licensing cannot be quoted through a vendor and requires DNA license purchasing. Am I getting Full Routing Capability then?

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See page 21-26 in this document for all the license types and features. Cisco's licensing is getting more and more complicated.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/software/one-subscription-switching/dna-licensing-switching-subscription-bdm.pdf

HTH

I agree, extremely complicated! I cannot purchase perpetual licensing for a 9300 series but only DNA licensing. Can I get Full Routing Functionality with DNA 3-year term (Advantage)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card