cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C9k EVPN to host with VIP

edbucher
Level 1
Level 1

Cat9k EVPN network running 17.6.3. On one of my leaf switches I have a NetApp Appliance that has 2 management interfaces with static IP's with a VIP in the same Vlan.

Pinging the VIP from the connected switch is fine. Pinging the VIP from upstream in the network is sporadic at best.

When doing the "show l2vpn evpn mac add (mac of the vip)" I get the expected output every time.

When doing the "show l2vpn evpn mac ip add (IP of the vip)" I get the expected output. I rerun the command and get no output several times in a row then all of a sudden I get the expected output. This continues repeatedly.

Pings and the above commands to the static IP's of the interfaces always return the expected outputs.

What is this telling me? Is the host possibly mis-configured, do I need to do something special in the switch to accommodate a host VIP, etc? Any input would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It may be that you have a loop somewhere on the network. Is it possible to shut down one of the interfaces to NetApp appliance and test again?

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It may be that you have a loop somewhere on the network. Is it possible to shut down one of the interfaces to NetApp appliance and test again?

HTH

edbucher
Level 1
Level 1

Shutdown one of the NetApp appliance management ports and the "show l2vpn evpn mac ip add (IP of the vip)" command stabilized and had the expected output. Unfortunately upstream pings did not change still sporadic. Performed "clear ip bgp l2vpn evpn update-group" and pings were responding. "no shut" the second NetApp appliance interface and everything seems to be normalized and operational. Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card