Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am having an issue where we are retiring some 2960x switches with some 9200 series switches.  The 9200's are in a stack and connected back with fiber back to the core(9300 series).  When i do a( sh cdp nei) on the 9200 i can see the 9300 but when i...

mrom2 by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey guys, recently i had two Cisco 3560's die on me for no apparent reason, just wondering if anyone else had seen this bevaviorAfter the power went out the switch ports simply wouldnt come back on, i was able to directly console in to the switch, al...

quillo by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Question, I just purchased 2 Cisco Catalyst 3560-CX, reason for this, I have a fiber that runs to 2 different locations on the property, they will run from an sfp on a 9300 from the main site to sfp's on each of the 3560's. Do I need to make the sfp ...

chueymtz by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello. I have a 9200L switch that was previously part of a stack that I removed the configuration from but it still seems to think it is part of a stack and I don't know how to remove.I ran the command no switch provision to remove the other stack me...

Rygo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

in rommon mode ,when we login to switch then it is seen as below way--switch:-----Right?when switch does not find IOS in flash then it goes into Rommon mode ,right?for going into Rommon mode,switch uses Mini IOS ,Right?where is that mini IOS stored i...

knaik99 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I need to know whether the GLC-SX-MMD fibre module is compatible with the WS-C6506-E switch. It has WS-X6724-SFP 24 port card and VS-S720-10G 5 ports Supervisor Engine. Requirement is to connect 2960-24PC access switches to core switches.  Thank...

ruch by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco C1000 that is passing traffic fine but it drops the connection to manage the switch and it stops pinging for a while. When it isn't pinging I can still get to the Cisco 3560CX switch behind it. The C1000 is on VLAN 1 with 172.31.244.2 ...

bcramer04 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 9500 switches and I am trying to connect the 2 together without a stacking cable. I have a 100GB QSFP cable connected to port 32 on each switch, I have a link light between the 2 connections, but I cannot ping from one switch to the other. D...

gavinr98 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have just got some brand new C9300s, I have them ready and have stacked their cables per the required for using 3 but the master switch still wont see the others, did I miss something ?I tried booting each switch in order too.M

munchl4xx by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes