cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cameras Losing connection to switch.

kkassebaum
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new camera system going in at our building. I have a Cisco Catalyst C3850-48U-S switch on one side of the building that is giving me issues. Periodically I lose connection to cameras on that switch. Only that switch seems to have the problem. The other 3850 switches have the same configuration.

What happens is a cameras will show up connection lost. Sometimes its 1, sometimes its several. This morning nearly every camera on the switch was down. Seems to happened at random times. Unplugging the camera, and plugging it back in brings it online again.

We think it might be a POE issue. The switch still has tons of power left to give, but it may be a miscommunication about the POE class the cameras are supposed to be running as. Have any of you seen a similar issue?

Debug is attached.

P.S.

I'm not really experienced in switches, or PoE. If there is anything I can get you to give a better picture of what you need to see let me know.

6 Replies 6

Hi

I suggest open a case with Cisco TAC. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This morning nearly every camera on the switch was down. Seems to happened at random times. Unplugging the camera, and plugging it back in brings it online again.

What does the logs say?  Were the affected ports in "error disable"?

Post the complete output to the command "sh interface <BLAH>" of one of the ports to the camera.

As soon as the next one goes down I will get a copy of that for you. If I remember right the ports were staying up, and still showed the right mac address/IP address were connected. However the camera could not be pinged, nor could I log into it directly using the cameras IP address.

Just went down this morning. Here is the sh int on one of the downed cameras.

The output does not show anything un-usual (other than someone cleared the counters 2 days ago).  No line errors, no output drops.  

As far as I can see, this is not a LAN issue and could be a fault with the cameras themselves.  

Kindly check the manufacturer's website and see if there are any updated drivers or softwares.

We are checking with the manufacturer as well. Seemed like it had to be this switch, since we have others running that are not having issues. Thank you for your help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card