Views
Helpful
Replies

Campus Network Design

prankic85
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In attachment you have my Campus Network topology that needs to be configured. As you can see, it is a hierarchical structure, where the distribution layer consists of two layer 3 switches, and the core layer consists of two routers. Layer 3 switches are configured to support different VLANs and failover thanks to the implemented protocol HSRP. I need help with the configuration of the Core Layer. What is all necessary to configure (what protocols) on  the routers for proper functioning of my Campus Network.

Any suggestions? Also do I need to configure any routing protocol on Layer 3 Switches of Distribution layer?

Thanks in advance !!!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I ain't going to help you.  

Your network diagram is like the other school-work-pretending-to-be-a-corporate-network. 

NOTE:  Every 6 to 8 months, at least four of THE SAME network diagram comes out.  

Ok.

Could you at least tell me where I can find all those network diagrams and configurations ?  As I've no experience in configuring this type of network, I dont see the reason why you would not help me with some advice at least?

I need help with the configuration of the Core Layer.

Happy to give "advice" or directions.   But don't expect us to knock up the configuration for you.  You do the work, we'll be happy to point out where your mistakes are.

Answer this question first:  Exactly WHAT IS THE LOCATION of all these switches.  Are they all in one physical building?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card