cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can anybody help? I feel confused.

OpenDoors
Level 1
Level 1
  • Add a "Server-PT" to your Network connected to the VLAN with IP Addressing of 192.168.2.0 (This should be where your "PC_West" systems are.)
    • Label the Server "WebSrvr"
    • Make the page state your name - Icon in addition would be cool
    • Statically assign the IP of this server to 192.168.2.25 (At this point all systems should be able to get to its test webpage.)
  • Add 1 Router(2901), Labeled R_Alpha, connected to S_Central using Ethernet Cable via port Gi0/0 on router and fa0/24 on switch (or other fa port if 24 is used) - Does not need all security settings, that was tested first lab. Just needs enough configuration to make lab work.
  • Add 1 Router(2901), Labeled R_Bravo, connected to R_ROAS using Fiber Cable and R_Alpha using Serial – Does not need all security settings, that was tested first lab. Just needs enough configuration to make lab work.
  • Connections between routers will use 10.0.0.0/30 addresses
  • Add Loopback1 to R_Bravo with address 222.222.222.222/29

HSRP:

• Set up HSRP between R_ROAS and R_Alpha for VLAN30 & VLAN40
  • Virtual IP should be 100 for last octet
  • R_Alpha should be active router for VLAN30
  • R_ROAS should be active router for VLAN40

OSPF:

• Configure OSPF between R_ROAS, R_Alpha, R_Bravo using Area 0
  • R_Bravo should propagate its loopback as default route to other routers

Network Security Configuration:

• Establish a Router based security system to prevent all default web access to the "WebSrvr" from both pc's in VLAN East
  • Establish a Router based security measure to prevent both PCs in VLAN East from pinging the management VLAN on S_West
  • Establish a Router based security measure to prevent PC_East1 from pinging the "WebSrvr"
  • Establish a Router based security measure to prevent the PCs in VLAN South from connecting with telnet to Management VLAN

Verifications:

• All PC's should still be able to Ping the "WebSrvr" system except PC_East1 (VLAN North might have additional configuring)
  • Neither PC in VLAN East should be able to access the webpage
  • Neither PC in VLAN East should be able to ping the management VLAN on S_West
  • VLAN 40 cannot manage VLAN 20
  • All devices should be able to ping 222.222.222.222

-I didn't put a default gateway because the video I watched on YouTube didn't use one for the websvr it used it on the PC and my PCs already have a default. 

- I don't know what IP address to put on the router or anything that he didn't tell me to

- I got to this point and didn't know what to do next. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have added the routers and configured HSRP and OSPF. You now have full end to end connectivity. Make sure all links between the switches and the routers are trunks.

Also, I changed the default gateway IP addresses of the Vlan 30 and Vlan 40 PCs to reflect the HSRP address.

Attached the revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version 8).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I have added the routers and configured HSRP and OSPF. You now have full end to end connectivity. Make sure all links between the switches and the routers are trunks.

Also, I changed the default gateway IP addresses of the Vlan 30 and Vlan 40 PCs to reflect the HSRP address.

Attached the revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version 8).

when you say links do you mean the ports? such as the serial 0/0/0 ones because I  see them as links to the switches and routers. when I look at the running config, I see that the serials aren't trunk. but guess id like to make sure those are the ones to make trunk.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card