cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I use C2960X-FIBER-STK module ports as normal sfp+ data ports on the 2960x?

am9
Level 1
Level 1

One of our customers have a requirement of 48 port POE switch along with 4 sfp+ ports. I was thinking of populating the 2960x-48LPD-L with the C2960X-FIBER-STK module to get the additional 2 sfp+ ports( 2 sfp+ already present on the switch by default). Can I use the C2960X-FIBER-STK ports as normal sfp+ data port?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Eric101
Level 1
Level 1

Flex-stack extended fiber ports can be configured as either network ports or stack ports.

You cannot however, configure one port as a network port and the other as a stack port so they need to be the same. 

To convert the port from the default stacking to a network port use the command:

# switch 1 hstack-port 1 Tengigabitethernet 1/1/1

The switch needs to be reloaded after the configuration is changed and saved to take effect

To convert the port back to stacking use the command:

# no switch 1 hstack-port 1

The switch needs to be reloaded after the configuration is changed and saved to take effect

Regards, 

VVV

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Eric101
Level 1
Level 1

Flex-stack extended fiber ports can be configured as either network ports or stack ports.

You cannot however, configure one port as a network port and the other as a stack port so they need to be the same. 

To convert the port from the default stacking to a network port use the command:

# switch 1 hstack-port 1 Tengigabitethernet 1/1/1

To convert the port back to stacking use the command:

# no switch 1 hstack-port 1

Regards, 

VVV

Awesome!!! Thanks a lot Eric.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card