cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't ping PC's

olzhik
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, Im having issues with pinging PC's with each other, as I understand its because I didn't configure the serial ports on routers, can someone show me how to configure them? Same with pinging DHCP, HTTP servers and loopback 1 (it just says destination host unreachable) Any help will be much appreciated!

My pkt file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zq5_zGlBRAE05Ee6oqUvHbpaPvcIe7TF/view?usp=sharing 

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Go here : https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/topic/0TO6e000000WEorGAG/packet-tracer

Tx, M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @olzhik 

Your serial interface are well configured !

You need routing protocol on all Routers ! 

Start with static routes and after that you could choose dynamic protocol such as OSPF or RIPv2.

As example, this router B1R2-CR-1-301209418 doesn't know how to send packet to LANs behind others routers.... Only connected Networks.

M02rt37_0-1699472662854.png

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

how do i do that?

OK @olzhik 

You should start with static routes:

On each router you have to configure ip route command under configuration terminal:

ip route [destination-network] [subnet-mask] [next-hop-address or exit-interface]

Refer here: https://medium.com/@41519120005/cisco-packet-tracer-static-routing-48c06824c8a4

Best regards

olzhik
Level 1
Level 1

what exactly is the destination network, subnet mask and next-hop-address for my example?

Hello @olzhik 

ip route [destination-network] [subnet-mask] [next-hop-address or exit-interface]

[destination-network] = the remote LAN

[subnet-mask] = the mask of the remote LAN

[next-hop-address or exit-interface] = the IP of the facing interface where you want to route the packet

M02rt37_0-1699544688201.png

Use a dynamic routing protocol as @Georg Pauwen suggested should be available on a big big topology. That is not the case. Furthermore, to start learning dynamic routing protocol, it is better to master static routes before. Each dynamic routing has got their own specificities and it is harder to start learning them before the traditionnal static route.

@olzhik as example on your topology:

M02rt37_1-1699545132576.png

PC A success to ping the DHCP/DNS server thanks to static routes on B1R2 and HQR2 like this:

M02rt37_2-1699545213387.png

Do the same "logic" on other Routers and for others LANs

Best regards

Hello,

unless it is a requirement, using static routes can quickly become complicated. Better use a routing protocol. In the revised file I added EIGRP as a routing protocol. Also, on the right router, your LAN interface was shut, so the subinterfaces were not active...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card