cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cant apply tracking to a route-map on 4507

Nick Currie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I have a need to apply tracking to a route map to one of our SVI interfaces on a 4507 chassis - however it doesnt seem to be possible? is this a licensing issue? I can set ip next hop, ip default next hop and ip default next hop verify-availability - but I cannot add a track statement to the end of any of these commands.

We are currently using entservices license on the chassis:

ABN_CORE_4507#sh license in-use
License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex: 0 Feature: entservices  Version: 1.0
      License Type: Permanent
      License State: Active, In Use
      License Count: Non-Counted
      License Priority: Medium
License Store: Dynamic License Storage

Running version

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.07.01.E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I think you need at least XE3.08:

"Beginning in Cisco IOS XE Release 3.8.0E and Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)E, you can configure Policy-Based Routing (PBR) to use object tracking, to verify the most viable next-hop IP address to which to forward packets, using an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping as the verification method."

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

I think you need at least XE3.08:

"Beginning in Cisco IOS XE Release 3.8.0E and Cisco IOS Release 15.2(4)E, you can configure Policy-Based Routing (PBR) to use object tracking, to verify the most viable next-hop IP address to which to forward packets, using an Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) ping as the verification method."

I had missed that - thanks Georg! Time to schedule an outage and get this upgraded.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card