Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 2975GS IOS software

Hello, I am installing an old 2975GS 48 gigabit POE switch, and I need to get the latest software that includes web management. Mine is Ver 12.2(55)SE6, but it does not allow web administration.

I have checked on Cisco website, but to no avail.

Thank you!

Alberto

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alberto

The way to get a new version of the switch code is from the Cisco web site. But getting the new code requires having a maintenance contract. If it is an old switch it seems likely that you do not have a service contract and that is the reason you are not finding/getting the new code from Cisco.

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Indeed, this is an old unit and I do not have a maintenance contract... I will keep searching on the net. I have already found some websites that point to the resource, although they seem fishy to me, so I did not download the file.

Alberto

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

2975 has gone past the end-of-support date (2016).  Cisco takes down all documentation and files (including) firmware when this milestone is reached.  The only place to find the firmware is to search for the complete filename in the internet. 

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your message. I have found some old software versions, but some of the websites look fishy. Maybe I will give one of those files a try after further research, although it is not clear whether they include web management (this is what I am looking for) or they are basic versions with no management built in.

The version I am running now allows me to visit a basic webpage on the CAT IP assigned address, but when I click on web management I get 404 error.

As far as I could see, this has to do with a stripped down version of software, that does not include web management for the unit.

Regards

Alberto

The "upgrade" involves copying the BIN file into the switch and the HTML files were either not unpacked correctly or the HTML files are not there.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card