cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 6509E 6Kw PS AC input level verification

j-jardiniano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have a 6509E switch with dual 6Kw power supply that is logging "Power supply 1 input has changed.  Power capacity adjusted to 2671.20W" then will bounce back to normal at random times from 1sec to 10sec. Is there a command to check what each input level of the power supply to try to identify possibly which source is causing the problem? The power supply input lights remains green while this is occuring.

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"show power" will display all the numbers for PSUs, but not sure if there is a command that will tell the source of the power fluctuation

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/command/reference/cf_s3.html#wp1435153

HTH

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think one can query the input power. "show environment power" or "show power" only shows one PS status, output available and demand.

I'm guessing you might have a 220V feed with one leg of the input dropping off temporarily leaving your with 110 V supplied. Is this a new installation and has an electrician checked out the input power wiring?

I have the same suspicion about one of the two 220V input dropping to 110V but it will be a 50-50 to know which one it is. I was hoping there will a command that the chassis can provide the level for me to point to the electrician which one to check. This is an existing install that has been running for years.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card