cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT4500 IOSXE 3.10 SISF error

DaveInCbr
Level 1
Level 1

On 30 out or 31 Cat4500 (sup2t) the following log message is generated approximately every 30 seconds:

Aug 25 15:28:41.041: %SISF-3-INTERNAL: Internal error, id 0 does not match any feature -Process= "SISF Switcher Thread", ipl= 0, pid= 393

I could not find anything in web searching that points to a cause. What is the "SISF Switcher Thread" and how to diagnose the "Internal error"?

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are you running wireless on the Sup2T? This could be related to CSCve75772.
Raise a TAC Case to confirm.

No wireless involved

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sup-2T does not work in Cat-4500 series switches. Sup-2T is for 6500 and 6800 series.

HTH

Sorry yes i mis quoted the sup they are sup 7-E

Ok, I was not able to find any related bugs. I recommend opening a case with Cisco as this may be a known but not publicly published bug.

HTH 

DaveInCbr
Level 1
Level 1

I found a fix. Commenting here in case it helps others

The switches were manually ISSU style upgraded (redundancy reload peer -> then redundancy force-switchover). The switch looked fined with one sup Active and the other Hot Standby. The one switch that had a complete restart (redundancy reload shelf) was not generating the warnings. 

The fix was to perform one further "redundancy force-switchover" to reload the first sup upgraded a second time. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card