Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 1000 web GUI!

Moudar
VIP
VIP

Hi, 

I got a Catalyst 1000 switch (C1000-8FP-E-2G-L)

When i try to open the GUI i get this:

catalyst-1000.JPG

When i click on "Web Console - Manage the Switch through the web interface." i get 

404 Not Found

Any ideas?!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- You don't need /image flag ,  use /overwrite /reload    (the latter however will reboot the switch too) :
                archive download-sw /overwrite /reload  tftp://10.32.0.166/c1000-universalk9-tar.152-7.E4.tar

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You need to use software distribution  named 'with web based dev mgr' when downloading software from Cisco on it , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

this is the installed image:

c1000-universalk9-tar.152-7.E4.tar

catalyst-1000.JPG

When i tried the other available image (c1000-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin) on Cisco software download website, i got this error.

catalyst-1000.JPG

- The ERROR for the bin file download means  that it is corrupt, anyway you don't need the single bin file ; check if there is an html directory in the C1000.... directory on the flash ; if not download and install the tar distribution again , 

M.

I am using this command to upload the image to the switch:

archive download-sw /image tftp://10.32.0.166/c1000-universalk9-tar.152-7.E4.tar

is it the right way to do it?

- You don't need /image flag ,  use /overwrite /reload    (the latter however will reboot the switch too) :
                archive download-sw /overwrite /reload  tftp://10.32.0.166/c1000-universalk9-tar.152-7.E4.tar

M.

Thank you, now it is working!

But what is this?

catalyst-1000.JPG

I tried Chrome and Firefox and got same result

- But what is this? : ...{{platform}} {{deviceDescription}}
  - That is a bug similar as in : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvo35537

M.

the solution found in the CSCvo35337 does not work.

same problem continues to be there at the top of the page!!

- It's a cosmetic issue , you may want to escalate to TAC , if desired , 

M.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

(-Adding) : and  or use .tar extension  named file , 

M.

impulsion84
Level 1
Level 1

And there i was thinking that i was the only one with this problem

impulsion84_0-1694524826141.png

impulsion84
Level 1
Level 1

This solved the issue for me: 

ip http authentication local

Worked for me. Thanks for this quick tip.

rptajpuriya
Level 1
Level 1

config file is not found in C1000 Switch reset command output

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card